Monday, December 25, 2006

Catching up...

I mentioned in my last post that I've got back in touch with some of my old school pals.Well, since then we have had two get-togethers.And I'm so relieved to be able to say that nothing's changed.

Oh of course everyone's older,some have put on weight,some have lost weight (lucky people!!), some have got married,a couple of them have even had kids.Everyone is in different lines of work.But the great thing was,inspite of all the years and all the external changes,deep down we have all managed to remain the same people we used to be.As a result,it has been incredibly easy to just take things up from where we left off.

We all had a great time remembering teachers, school pranks, common friends,teenage escapades...I cant remember the last time I felt so close to a group of people.
I guess this just goes to prove something I've always believed to be true - that nothing, but nothing, can ever come close to school friendships.

Here's to old friends!

1 comment:

AmitL said...

aah...get-togethers of ole school friends....We had one five years back,and I'm just waiting,for the next one.Wouldn't mind going specially from Dubai to Baroda to attend it,when it happens.:)Good to see another post...I'm sure u've made'regular posts' a New Year Resolution,Wunderkind?:)