Sunday, December 31, 2006

Goodbye 2006


Another year coming to an end. For me, this means the usual round of introspection - what did I do during the year that was of any value to anyone, did I accomplish any of the goals I'd set for myself, could I have done things in a better way...yeah, the usual.

It wasnt a very good year overall. Major problems healthwise, issues at work, things on the personal front not working out...but I suppose that happens to everyone at some point or other in their lives. There were some happy memories too. Sister's wedding, connecting with long lost friends, a raise....And the good thing is that I'm in the recovery process already. So I know in my heart that things will finally turn out fine. I might not get everything I want - who does anyway - but I'm sure I have good things coming my way in 2007.

So here I am, on the last day of this year, looking forward to the coming year with a heart full of hope. My resolutions for 2007:

* Full recovery from the back problem
* Get my financial affairs in order
* Move out into a place of my own - learn to take care of myself instead of looking to my parents for everything
* Achieve a better work-life balance - No more workaholism, more time for friends and family
* Follow my heart instead of my head. Live life, really live it. Believe in myself a little more, and listen less to people who tell me "It can't be done". Because it can. And I will.

This is where I turn the page. Here's looking forward to a new beginning.

Wishing everyone a happy, healthy, cheerful New Year full of hope and good luck !!!!

2 comments:

JasonWomack said...

Yeahoo...these are some admirable goals for the new year! I'm excited, and inspired by your sharing. One thing I've learned in all of the personal development programs I've tuned in to is the importance of setting an intention.

I just read a book this morning (called The Abundance Tree) and the author gave some great ideas on how to take inspiration and match that to action. I wish you the best for a successful 12-month run!

Cheers...

Wunderkind said...

thanks jason...